September 2, 2019
- An officer assisted Labor Day staff with moving cars off of the parade route.
- An officer was dispatched to a reported dispute at First and State streets. The officer spoke with the residents and advised a solution for the remainder of the Labor Day celebration.
- An officer was dispatched to a two-vehicle accident in the 100 Block of South Kennedy Avenue. The officer did a vehicle exchange of information for both drivers.
- An officer took a report of two run-away children from Ames.
- An officer performed a vehicle unlock for a resident at Edgewood Park.
September 3, 2019
- An officer assisted Madrid Fire and Boone County Ambulance with an emergent medical call at Madrid Home.
- An officer assisted Madrid Fire Boone County Ambulance with a medical call in the 600 block of S. Green Street.
- An officer released a bike that was impounded Sept. 1 during the car show.
- An officer fingerprinted a resident for an employment background check.
- An officer assisted in issuing a gas voucher to a person for the Evangelical Free Church.
- An officer spoke to a resident about a civil matter.
September 4, 2019
- No activity reported.
September 5, 2019
- An officer received information about a recovered stolen vehicle. The officer attempted to call the owner but could not reach him on the phone. The officer attempted to locate the owner at his residence without success. The vehicle was taken to Central Iowa Towing in Ames.
- An officer received a call from a resident about kittens under her porch. The officer called Boone County Animal Rescue, left a message and waited for return call.
- An officer spoke with a Madrid resident about an ongoing land dispute between neighbors.
- An officer responded to a residence on Jonathon Drive for a family dispute.
September 6, 2019
- An officer followed up with a towing company about a recovered stolen vehicle case.
- An officer assisted someone with a food/fuel voucher from the E-free church.
September 7, 2019
- An officer attended the Madrid City Council meeting.
- An officer responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 300 block of N. Walnut Street. No injuries were reported.
- An officer took an informational report about juvenile behavior at the request of the Iowa Department of Human Services.
- An officer responded to a medical call in 500 block of Kingman Blvd. The officer assisted the Boone County EMS.
September 8, 2019
- An officer was requested for a civil stand-by in the 300 block of N. Water Street.
- An officer fingerprinted a resident for a real estate license background check.
- An officer followed up on a domestic call from last week.
- An officer worked with a resident regarding family issues and an unwanted person at the residence. The officer issued a trespassing warning to them.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.