The Myrna Reynoldson Mayfield Trust announced Monday a total of $33,700 in grants were awarded for the benefit of the citizens of the city of Woodward and the surrounding rural area in the 2021 granting cycle.
Grant recipients include:
- Woodward Friends and Neighbors Day: $3,000 for fireworks
- Woodward Cemetery Association: $3,500 for tree replacement & other repairs
- Woodward Public Library: $4,500 for programs, Adventure Passes and Des Moines Register
- Woodward Hawks 12u Softball: $1,000 for equipment and league fees
- WG Hawks 14u Softball: $1,500 for equipment and tournament fees
- Woodward Granger Youth Football: $3,000 for helmets
- Woodward Granger Booster Club: $2,500 for treadmill
- Woodward Granger Community School District: $3,000 for community garden expansion at high school and garden start up at Grandwood
- Woodward Granger Class of 2022: $2,500 towards graduation and after-prom expense
- Woodward Golf Club: $2,900 for plumbing repairs, touch-up paint and baby pool transfer pump
- Woodward United Methodist Church Outreach Committee: $1,900 for School Supply Drive
- Woodward United Methodist Church: $4,400 for Christian education and materials, youth group and pastor education
In addition, academic scholarships totaling $10,000 will also be awarded to seven Woodward-Granger High School students and graduates for their post-high school education.
The Myrna Reynoldson Mayfield Trust is a non-profit organization that makes annual distributions in the city of Woodward and adjacent rural areas for educational, civic, cultural, historical, recreational, charitable, religious and other purposes calculated to be of worth to the citizens of the area and consistent with the intentions of the late Myrna Reynoldson Mayfield, a longtime Woodward resident.
The annual application deadline is April 1. Questions about the grant and scholarship guidelines and application forms may be directed to the directors of the Trust: Chairperson Milt Heifner, Vice Chair Mike Ramsey and Secretary Rich Danilson or to the attorney for the Trust, C. Scott Finneseth of Finneseth, Dalen and Powell PLC.