August 15, 2016
- An officer responded to an intrusion alarm at Howe Elementary School. The intruder was found to be a bat.
- An officer assisted a stranded motorist who was out of gas.
- An officer was asked to do a welfare check on an Ogden resident. The subject was fine.
- An officer arrested Keith Ray, 59, of Ogden on an outstanding warrant from the Marshalltown Police Department.
August 16, 2016
- An officer assisted Ogden First Responders and Boone County Ambulance.
August 17, 2016
- An officer received a complaint of motorists driving fast in the 500 block of S. First Street.
- An officer assisted Ogden First Responders.
- An officer responded to a domestic disturbance at 519 N.W. Sixth St. The officer arrested Kerry Bittle, 42, for alleged first-offense domestic abuse assault.
- An officer picked up a dog from 219 N.W. Third St. and returned it to its owner.
- An officer removed a bat from a residence.
August 18, 2016
- An officer picked up a 20-inch BMX bicycle abandoned in the 500 block of N.W. Third Street. The officer took the bike to the city shed.
- Andrew Weir, 24, of Ogden reported someone stole some old checks from his old vehicle and was writing checks on a closed account. This case is under investigation.
- Boone County Deputy requested assistance from Ogden officer with a motorcycle heading north on H Avenue from 300th Street at a high rate of speed. The officer was unable to locate the motorcycle.
- An officer was asked to look for a vehicle that was reported driving recklessly westbound on 220th Street from Boone. The officer stopped the vehicle in the 500 block of 220th. The driver was not impaired.
August 19, 2016
- Ogden resident reported two teenage males yelling obscenities. An officer was unable to locate the males.
- An officer was called to 202 E. Walnut St. for a 10-year-old female out of control. The child had calmed down upon officer’s arrival.
August 20, 2016
- An Ogden officer and Boone County deputies responded to a report of a subject walking around the outside of the Ogden Manor and looking in the windows. The officers were unable to locate anyone in the area.
- An officer received a report from an Ogden resident that he had found a container with quarters in it at the car wash by Casey’s on Sunday, Aug. 14. Anyone who lost quarters and can identify the container should contact the Ogden Police Department.
- An officer received a complaint of a silver Chevrolet Impala driving fast in the 100 block of S.W. Second Street and running the stop sign at S.W. Second and Mulberry streets. The car continued south on S.W. Second and was driven by a male subject with dark hair. The officer was unable to locate the vehicle.
August 21, 2016
- An officer responded to an intrusion alarm at an Ogden residence. This was determined to be a false alarm.
- An officer assisted subject locked out of vehicle.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.