Otley Avenue kitchen fire brings rapid response Friday

0
302


A kitchen fire was quickly controlled after breaking out in a residence at 1301 Otley Ave. in Perry about 12:15 p.m. Friday.

There were no injuries in the blaze, which started in the ground-floor apartment. All occupants of the apartment house, including several pets, were evacuated as a precaution.

The Perry Police Department and Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded and promptly controlled the fire, which appeared to be traced to burning food. A firefighter could be seen carrying a flaming food utensil out of the residence and extinguishing the flambé dish in the yard.

ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.