April 10, 2016
- An officer of the Perry Police Department destroyed an item of drug paraphernalia discovered while on patrol.
- A caller said he was having trouble with his landlord. An officer responded, determined the matter was not one for law enforcement action and told the caller how to proceed in civil court.
- Ryan Jacob Ayers, 23, 135 325th St., Perry, was arrested on charges of driving while suspended, driving without insurance and operating a non-registered vehicle.
- An envelope containing medications was found near the swimming pool at the McCreary Community Building and turned over to Perry Police Department officer.
- A caller said she returned home and discovered her diamond earrings were missing. She said someone broke into the residence through a downstairs window. An officer responded and started an investigation. No evidence of a break in was detected, and some items claimed lost were found inside a jewelry box. Photographs “were taken of the window and the jewelry that was not missing.”
April 12, 2016
- A caller said she could smell smoke outdoors. An officer responded and found a “burn pile south of Iowa Highway 141 by the treatment plant.”
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.