April 17, 2016
- A caller said an opossum under a pickup was acting strangely and the neighborhood dogs were barking at it. An officer responded, trapped the animal and released it outside the city limits.
- A caller said a sick cat was in her yard. An officer responded and transported the animal.
- A caller said items were missing from her home. An officer responded.
- Arturo Joe Estrada, 59, 1617 Second St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- A caller said a vehicle followed her daughter’s vehicle home. An officer responded.
- A caller said the odor of marijuana was coming from a nearby apartment. An officer responded.
- A caller said an intruder assaulted him in his home near the Metro Park West Landfill in Greene County. The call was transferred to the Greene County Sheriff’s office.
April 18, 2016
- A caller from a local retail store said “a couple of males just came in trying to purchase a lot of cigarettes and gift cards,” but the credit cards they tried to pay with were declined, “and it looked as though they had many more credit cards they were looking through.” When the cashier asked to see one of the credit cards, the males refused and left the store. Officers responded but were unable to find the pair.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.