April 19, 2016
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. with a “suspicious plant” he found growing alongside the Raccoon River Valley Trail and that he thought it might be marijuana. An officer responded and determined it was not marijuana.
- A woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said she was concerned about a message about her daughter posted on a Facebook page. She said the Facebook page was “harassing people” and “posting inappropriate comments about others.” She said she “was concerned it might cause issues with some of the girls in town, and she considered it bullying.” An officer responded and reported the complaint to the Facebook administration.
- A caller said illegal dumping occurred near the boat ramp outside the western boundary of Perry. An officer responded and gathered photographic evidence of “pig skin and entrails.”
- A caller said her brother was stealing her medicine. Officers responded.
April 20, 2016
- Tabetha Tingwald, 40, 17807 130th St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of first-offense OWI (drug related).
- Steven Jay Caldwell, 41, 17807 130th St., Perry, was arrested on charges of OWI (drug related) and driving without a valid driver’s licence.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.