April 22, 2016
- Sonia Del Carmen Bermudez de Portillo was issued a citation for failure to have a valid driver’s license.
- A caller said “a thin white male with tattoos cut through her yard” several times, threatening to kick her dog and attempting to provoke her husband. An officer responded.
- A caller said a pit bull was running at large near the girls’ softball fields.
- A Dallas County Deputy Sheriff requested assistance from the Perry Police Department after the caretaker of a vacant property in the 24400 block of 130th Street reported that someone was allegedly squatting in the property. The caretaker was still present when the alleged squatter returned to the property, and the caretaker brandished a handgun before the person, who “took off eastbound to the timber area.” Officers responded and assisted in searching for the alleged squatter.
April 23, 2016
- William Patrick O’Donnell, 62, 5122 E. P. True Parkway, #204, West Des Moines, was arrested on a charge of first-offense OWI.
- Jon Wayne Groom, 48, 2305 N.W. 70th St., Ankeny, was arrested on a charge of domestic assault-simple.
April 24, 2016
- Lukas Broderick Hemphill, 26, 2510 Perry Park Ave., #402, Perry, was arrested on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.