April 6, 2016
- A caller said someone attached a beagle to the dog line in her yard. She said “she owns a beagle, but hers in inside. Someone must have put it there thinking it was hers.” An officer responded and transported the dog, who was elderly and experiencing hip pain, to the pound. The Humane Society of Perry was notified.
- A caller said two pit bulls and a smaller dog were running at large near his residence. And officer responded but could not find the dogs.
- A caller said someone pried open her mailbox. She said it “has happened several times, and it happened again today.” An officer responded.
- Four callers reported receiving calls from someone claiming to be with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Officers responded and told each caller not to divulge any information to the phone scammers.
- A caller said her 11-year-old child accidentally locked two babies in the car. Officers responded.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.