August 14, 2016
- A caller said his dog was missing.
- A caller said a group of four or five children was “playing recklessly on the handicap swing in Pattee Park.” The caller was “concerned they are going to damage it.” An officer responded, found the children and “spoke to them about the proper use of the handicap swings.”
- A caller asked whether an officer of the Perry Police Department could come to her house “in reference to an unwanted person driving around her residence.” An officer responded.
- A caller said her “grandpa has a cat that needs picked up.” An officer responded, but the cat escaped.
- Rafael Ochoa Alcaraz, 47, 1716 W. Third St. Perry, was arrested on a charge of driving while barred and issued citations for driving under suspension for failure to file SR-22 proof of insurance and driving under suspension for non-payment of Iowa fines.
August 15, 2016
- A caller said she “heard someone pound on her wall just outside of her bedroom window.” She said “it’s been going on for about a week.” Officers responded but did not find the pounder.
- Michael Lee Hanks, 40, 303 Cartwright St., Rippey, was arrested on charges of unlawful possession of prescription drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to have a valid driver’s license and failure to have insurance.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.