August 1, 2016
- A caller said a dead opossum was in his yard. An officer responded and alerted the Perry Public Works Department.
- A caller reported “several raccoons hanging around her back yard.” The caller asked for “an officer to place a trap near her garage” Officers responded and set a trap.
- A woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said “her boyfriend got upset with her today because he didn’t have any cigarettes” and “started cursing at her.” The woman said “she decided to take their child and leave,” and the boyfriend “tried to stop her from taking” their child. An officer responded and found “no marks on the child” or other signs of “abuse.”
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said his registration and insurance information were missing from his vehicle. An officer responded.
- A caller said “someone attempted to purchase a tablet using her boyfriend’s identity.” An officer responded.
- A caller said four kittens “appear to be living in the sewer.” An officer responded.
- A caller said “he just found a weed whacker lying by his back driveway.” An officer responded.
- A caller reported “kids playing on a skid loader parked at the elementary school.” An officer responded but the kids were gone.
- A caller said “he caught what he things is a groundhog.” An officer responded and advised the caller “to transport the animal to the river and release it.” The caller said he would.
- A caller said “her daughter’s foot was stuck in playground equipment.” While an officer was responding, “they got the child’s foot released, and the child was fine.”
August 2, 2016
- Issiaha Micha Keegel, 19, 1091 634th Lane, Lovilia, Iowa, was arrested on a charge of driving under suspension.
- Jaimie Jacqueline Hocking, 24, 1717 Seventh St., Perry, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.