August 24, 2015
- A caller from the Perry Elementary School said a child “was currently at the school a day early.” An officer responded and eventually made contact with the parents.
- A caller from the Iowa VA Hospital in Des Moines asked whether an officer of the Perry Police Department could check on the welfare of a man who “did not come in for his medication.” An officer responded and made contact with the man, who “knew about the missed appointment.”
- A caller said her dog was missing.
- Two girls entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said their bicycles were stolen. Officers responded.
- A caller said “he keeps receiving harassing phone calls and text messages.” An officer responded.
- A caller said he found a “drug pipe” on the ground. An officer responded and disposed of the item, finding “no indication the pipe has been used.”
- A caller reported “a disturbance two houses down from her.” Officers responded.
- Dimitri Franklyn Oneal Woodruff, 22, 1909 Second St., Perry, was arrested on two Dallas County warrants on charges of driving while suspended.
- A caller said a bat was in his house. He was told all officers “were busy at this time” and advised to “open the doors and see if the bat will go out on its own.” Officers later responded and “knocked several times on the door, and no one answered.”
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.