February 9, 2019
- The Dallas County Sheriff’s office reported an irratic driver on Iowa Highway 141. Officers responded and found a vehicle “in the ditch. The driver had fallen asleep behind the wheel and put the car in the ditch.” There was “no damage to the car or injury to the person,” who “was given a ride home and cited for failure to maintain control.”
- An officer of the Perry Police Department “removed a trash can from the roadway.”
- A caller said her dogs were lost. The caller called again and said her dogs were found.
- A woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and “wanted to know if anything could be done about her ex posting videos of her kids.” An officer responded and “advised that if he took the videos, then he is able to post if he wants.”
- A caller said a dog was running at large. An officer responded but could not catch the dog.
- A caller said “some water pipes had burst in her home, and she was unable to get a hold of anybody to help and wasn’t sure what to do.” The Perry Water Works was alerted and responded.
- A caller said “his parents were fighting.” Officers responded “and determined it was a verbal argument between husband and wife about the door not being locked.”
- A caller reported “a bad smell coming from her boiler.” Officers responded, the Perry Volunteer Fire Department was paged and the utility company was notified.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.