February 6, 2019
- A school bus driver for the Perry Community School District reported a school bus violation. An officer responded.
- A caller requested a welfare check. An officer responded and made contact with the person, who “verified she was okay.”
- Officers of the Perry Police Department conducted a funeral escort.
- A caller requested “advice on people who took over her apartment in Perry who, according to the caller, do not have papers to qualify for an apartment.” The caller said the people told her “they desperately needed a place to stay. They told her they would take over the payments and bills, and they have not paid anything for the past four months.” The caller said “they also have taken all the property from the apartment.” An officer responded and “advised that she needs to contact a lawyer for assistance.”
- A caller “was upset” and “trying to talk to his ex about visitation.” An officer responded.
- A school bus driver for the Perry Community School District reported two school bus violations. An officer responded.
- A caller said a dog was running at large. Officers responded and transported the animal to the Perry Animal Holding Facility.
- A caller said “she was in her vehicle, and an older male punched her through her car window, claiming she stole his generator.” The caller said “she has an injured forehead that is bleeding.” Officers responded, and the Dallas County EMS was paged.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.