January 7, 2019
- A caller from outside the city limits of Perry said “her son was abusing her husband.” The caller said the son had “no weapons” but “has a history of mental illness.” The Dallas County Sheriff’s office was notified, “and they requested officers go to the address due to deputies not being close.” Officers responded.
- A caller reported seeing “a printer by the Red Box.” An officer responded.
- A woman entered the office of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. with questions about parking on city streets. An officer responded.
- A caller lodged a complaint about a local recycling center. An officer responded.
- A caller from outside the city limits of Perry said a man “ran into his house and assaulted him.” The caller was transferred to the Dallas County Sheriff’s office. The sheriff’s office “requested officers patrol the trails in case the suspect is near the area.” Officers responded but did not find the suspect.
- A caller from outside the city limits of Perry said he saw a motorized “vehicle get on the trail by his residence.” An officer responded but did not locate the vehicle.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.