June 3, 2016
- A caller said she heard “a pop that sounded like a gunshot” and then “looked outside and saw flames shooting up.” An officer responded. Gustavo Aldorfo Ruiz-Vargas, 29, 1421 Fifth St., Perry, was issued a citation for first-offense open burning violation.
- Gustavo Aldorfo Ruiz-Vargas, 29, 1421 Fifth St., Perry, was arrested on a Dallas County warrant for failure to appear ion an original charge of driving under suspension.
- A caller said someone was “set up selling items in the old Hy-Vee parking lot.” An officer responded and told the vendor a city permit was required in order to trade. The vendor said she “was unaware there was a fee” and “agreed to respond to city hall and obtain the proper permit.”
- A caller said he had “a pit bull-type dog on his back deck,” and he “can’t get close to it.” An officer responded but did not find the dog.
- A caller said she was fighting with her mother. The caller said she was pregnant and her mother pushed her after the caller pushed her mother. Officers responded and found the mother was “upset” with the way the caller “was talking and treating her step-brother.” The mother asked that the caller and the caller’s three children leave the residence. The “situation calmed, and the parties separated.”
- A caller from a local bank said the bank received a counterfeit $10 bill. An officer responded.
- A caller said a neighbor blew grass into the street. An officer responded.
- A caller said “someone had broken a bunch of beer and liquor bottles in the alley.” The caller said there was “broken glass all over.” An officer responded and found the caller cleaning up the broken glass. The caller “just wanted us aware of the situation.”
- A caller reported “the smell of smoke in the area.” The caller “did not know where it was coming from.” An officer responded and “was not able to find anything smoking.”
- A caller said He “heard what he thought was someone yelling for help.” An officer responded and inquired at nearby residences but found no one in distress. One resident said “her 14-year-old son had a temper tantrum and went screaming up the stairs.”
June 4, 2016
- Dimitri Franklyn O’Neal Woodruff, 22, 1902 Second St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of driving under suspension.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.