June 4, 2016
- A caller said she believed an abandoned kitten was under the hood of her car. An officer responded. “Cat was removed from the car but got away again.”
- A Perry Police Department officer on patrol encountered a vehicle out of service. “A TV had fallen out of the vehicle,” and the officer “assisted in getting it cleaned up.”
- A caller said he “purchased a lawn mower without test riding it and when he got it home, it would not start and is broken.” The caller said he tried to return the mower, “but the private seller said the sale was final.” An officer responded and outlined for the caller “the civil proceedings he would need to go through.”
- A caller asked to speak with an Perry Police Department officer about “problems she is having with her brother.” An officer responded and told the caller if she and her brother “couldn’t get along, it would be in their best interests to have no further contact of any kind with each other.”
- Salvador Rafael Garcia-Rivera, 47, 1624 Estella St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of going armed with intent.
- Jose Gespano Sierra Rodriguez, 25, 611 Buchanan St., Des Moines, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.