March 13, 2019
- Leigh Richard Houghton, 53, 307 Story St., Sheldahl, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A caller said “his vehcle was stolen yesterday from Des Moines, and he is calling to know if the car has been found.” The caller was transferred to the Polk County Sheriff’s office.
- A caller said “his sister” wished “to speak with an officer about custody issues.” An officer responded.
- A caller from the Dallas County Hospital “called about a dog bite that came through the hospital that they had not reported.” The caller said “the people left the hospital a few hours ago.” An officer responded and attempted to make contact with the bite victim.
- A caller from the Des Moines Police Department “requested an officer” make contact with a Perry resident “in regards to a hit-and-run accident that happened yesterday in Des Moines.” An officer responded and attemted to make contact.
- A caller reported a phone scam from someone claiming to be from “the Federal Reserve Bank out of New York.” The caller said she “did not need to speak with an officer.”
- A caller said “his grandmother called him to report the road by the Washington School in Minburn is completely flooded.” The caller was transferred to the Dallas County Sheriff’s office.
- A caller “reported the road near the Perry Child Development Center was completely flooded.” An officer responded, and the Perry Public Works Department was notified.
- A caller said “a bus was stopped” along Willis Avenue “due to loose lug nuts.” An officer responded.
- A man and woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department and said their son “is being accused” by someone “of keeping drug money stashed.” The couple said they “are concerned with their safety and advised they will cooperate with the police if the would like to investigate.” An officer responded and said “if they receive threatening communication from” anyone, “they need to contact the police department immediately.”
- A caller said a dog was running at large” in her neighborhood “two days ago.” The caller was advised “to call back if she sees it again.”
- A caller said “the neighbor behind her digs a trench in the alleyway and pumps water that collects in it into her backyard.” The caller said “she’s confronted him about it, but he won’t stop.” Officers responded.
- A caller said “the road between Pattee Park and the baseball fields was flooded.” The caller “said it was called Harold Bailey Way.” An officer responded, and the Perry Public Works Department was notified.
- A caller said a woman was “parked in the handicap parking spot when she shouldn’t be.” The caller said the “female laughed at him when he advised her he is handicapped himself.” An officer responded.
- A caller said a suspicious vehicle “followed him home.” An officer responded and told the caller “to call back the police department if the vehicle returns.”
- A caller said her dog was lost. The caller called again and said her dog was found.
- A caller said her neighbor “always parks too close to her driveway, which makes it difficult to enter.” The caller said “she’s talked to them before, but they still do it.” An officer responded and made contact with the neighbors, “who moved their vehicle. All okay.”
- Sheldon Gene Boswell, 22, 808 Fourth St., Perry, was arrested on a Dallas County warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of possession of a controlled substance.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.