To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
March 23, 2020
- A 1991 dump-truck, registered to Holbrook Construction of Yale and driven by Richard Holbrook of Yale, struck the southernmost traffic signal, knocking it off the pole. Holbrook said the dump portion of the truck grazed the traffic light, causing an estimated $500 damage. Holbrook is a contractor with the city of Perry and the Perry Public Works Department was on scene with driver. The incident was a non-reportable accident.
- A 2005 Dodge Caravan, registered to and driven by Angela Marquez, 44, of 336 Lucinda St., Perry, collided with a 2005 Ford Explorer, registered to Adriana Carillo of 1701 W. Second St., Perry, and driven by Maria Martinez-Tapia, 40, of 1701 W. Second St., Perry, in the 1900 block of First Avenue. No injuries were reported. Martinez-Tapia was issued a citation for no driver’s license and failure to yield upon making a left-hand turn. Damages were estimated at $7,000.
- Officers responded to a report of a domestic situation In the 2300 block of Willis Avenue. The dispute was verbal dispute, and the parties separated for the evening.
March 24, 2020
- Officers received a report of property taken from the 1300 block of First Avenue. An iPhone was reported missing.
- Officers received a report of damage to a vehicle in the 500 block of Warford Street. The passenger-side mirror was damaged. Damage was estimated at $150.
- Officers received report of an attempted scam in the 400 block of Willis Avenue. It was the Publishers Clearing House phone scam.
- Officers responded to Pattee Park on a report of criminal mischief to the Little League shed. A door, two windows and a screen were damaged. The incident is under investigation.
- Officers responded to a report of a domestic situation in the 1700 block of Third Street. The dispute was verbal.
March 25, 2020
- Tyler Schrier, 23, of Rippey was arrested on charges of third-offense possession of a controlled substance-marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Sebastian Ramirez, 21, of 102 Grimmell Road, Jefferson, was arrested on a charge of driving while license barred or revoked.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.