March 24, 2016
- A caller from the Veterans Hospital in Carroll said a man missed an appointment and asked the Perry Police Department to check on his welfare. An officer responded, found the man, who said he forgot his appointment. The officer informed the caller.
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said he “nearly struck a motorized wheelchair being operated in the street after dark.” He said motorized wheelchair operated in the street after dark should have lights. An officer responded.
- Kirsten Leigh Palmer, 22, 309 E. Third St., Dawson, was arrested on a charge of fifth-degree theft.
March 25, 2016
- A caller asked whether he could “get rid of a lawn mower that was left on his property and was not his.” An officer responded.
- A caller said he received a call from someone claiming to be with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and asking him to pay a fee. The caller said he did not give any personal information to the person claiming to be with the IRS. He said it was the second time he received such a call. An officer responded.
- A caller said the garage at his rental property was broken into and three bicycles were missing. An officer responded and started an investigation.
- Donald Alan Anderson, 57, 503 Valley High Rd., Burnsville, Minn., was arrested on charges of first-offense OWI and open container. While in the custody of the Perry Police Department, Anderson was arrested by the Iowa State Patrol on suspicion of a hit-and-run incident on U.S. Interstate 80 and transported to the Polk County jail. Two dogs accompanied Anderson at the time of his arrest. The Humane Society of Perry was notified. An acquaintance of Anderson later claimed the dogs.
March 26, 2016
- Maxwell William Lewis Barlean, 21, 2811 Warford St., #3, Perry, was arrested on charges of driving while barred, driving while suspended, no proof of insurance and improper use of registration.
- Seraphina Ntaconayigize, 27, 2801 First Ave., #60, Perry, was issued citations for failure to use headlamps when required and failure to secure a child.
March 27, 2016
- Sherilyn Kay Dunlap, 37, 1812 Jones St., Perry, was arrested on charges of first-offense OWI, interference with official acts and eluding. A dog accompanied Anderson at the time of her arrest. The Humane Society of Perry was notified.
- Martin Torres Jr., 24, 2801 First Ave., #72, Perry, was arrested on charges of first-offense OWI, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A caller said he was walking his dog when a dog at large attacked his dog. He said his dog was “hurt pretty badly.” He said he would first take his dog to a veterinarian and then seek to press charges against the owner of the dog at large. An officer responded. The caller later called and “said he just spoke with the dog owner” and the owner “told him he would pay for the vet bill.” An officer responded.
- Jordan Jay Webb, 25, 1215 18th St., #5, Perry, was arrested on charges of domestic abuse serious assault and driving while suspended.
- A caller said “someone lost an aquarium” in the 1100 block of 141st Street in Perry. An officer responded and “removed a large amount of the glass” from the westbound lanes.
March 28, 2016
- Juan Gabriel Perez, 19, 304 Seventh St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of underage possession of alcohol.
- Fernando Torres, 20, 1612 W. Second St., Perry, was arrested on charges of underage possession of alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Stephanie Herminia Lopez, 20, 1510 Estella St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.