March 30, 2016
- A caller said someone was cutting trees behind his house and disrupted the caller’s electricity service. An officer responded and stood by until Alliant Energy service workers arrived to repair the cut power line.
- A caller said her her dog sniffed out a pouch in the alley “with a pink and silver marijuana pipe” in it. An officer responded and placed the property in evidence.
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. “to drop off a baby bunny.” An officer responded and contacted the Iowa Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Rehabilitation, who said “to release it back to the wild.”
- A caller said a tree fell on her house during the thunderstorm. An officer responded.
March 31, 2016
- A caller said a man was looking in his window. He said he chased the man, whom he described as about 5’8″ tall and wearing a gray jacket. Officers responded but did not find the man. An investigation started.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.