March 8, 2016
- A caller from a local retail store said a “regular customer” bought lottery tickets with $20 bills that “did not feel quite right.” Testing proved the bills were counterfeit. An officer responded.
- A caller said a “dirty white male” was limping westward on Iowa Highway 141. A second caller said someone matching the same description was “sitting in a ditch” on the south side of Iowa Highway 141 near I Court. Officers responded and found a man who missed his ride to Dawson after work and was walking home.
- Jason Edward Pierce, 43, 1009 Evelyn St., Perry, was arrested on a Perry warrant on two charges of child endangerment-serious injury.
- Serena Dawn Gray, 35, 1821 Sixth St., Perry, was issued a citation for first-offense dog at large.
March 9, 2016
- A caller said a counterfeit $20 bill was found at a local retail store.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.