May 11, 2016
- An officer exited the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and found two dogs running at large. The dogs were caught and taken to the Perry Animal Control Center. Shortly after, a man entered the department offices in search of his dogs. An officer responded and retrieved the dogs from the pound. A citation was issued to Shane Matthew Onnen of 1820 Otley Ave. in Perry for first-offense dog at large.
- A woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said a man carrying two bags was “pounding on her window” overnight. She said she “did not get a good look at him.” An officer responded.
- A caller said she was waiting for the lights to change at the intersection of Iowa Highway 141 and First Avenue when “a vehicle pulled up too close to her vehicle.” The caller said “she tapped her brakes,” and the “woman in the other vehicle flipped her off.” The caller said the woman then “took a photo of her license plate and then called someone.” The caller said she “just wanted her side of the story on record.” An officer responded.
- A caller said she warned a tenant twice verbally and once in writing not to park in the street. The caller said the tenant continued to park in the street, and so the caller contacted a towing service and had the tenant’s car towed away. The caller said the tenant was “now upset.” An officer responded and discussed the matter with the parties involved. The tenant agreed to rent a parking spot and to pay the towing charges.
- Juan Adalberto Ordaz-Valdez, 27, 1359 24th St., #6, Des Moines, was arrested on a Perry warrant on a charge of domestic abuse assault.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.