May 15, 2016
- A caller said she locked herself out of her house. An officer responded and unlocked the door.
- Jerri Dean Marchant, 28, 6018 S.E. Fourth St., Des Moines, was arrested on a charge of driving while barred.
- A caller said his neighbor was open burning in violation of the city ordinance. An officer responded.
- A caller said his neighbor was mowing his lawn and blowing grass clippings into the street in violation of the city ordinance. An officer responded. The mower said “he would get it cleaned up.”
- A caller said “her neighbors constantly speed” and “she would like an officer to talk to them.” Officers responded.
- A caller said her neighbors were playing loud music while “she was trying to put her kids to sleep.” An officer responded and “didn’t believe the music was too loud.”
- A caller said “there is a dog outside her window that is looking at her and growling when she taps on the window.” An officer responded.
May 16, 2016
- A caller said three males were passing by, and “one of them has his face painted black all the way to his neck.” An officer responded and learned the painted man “had his face covered with hair dye from dyeing his hair, and he thought it would be fun to spread it on his face.”
- Cameron Jonay Onnen, 15, 2702 Willis Ave., Perry, was issued a citation for first-offense curfew violation.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.