May 1, 2016
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said his ex-wife took his phone, wallet and cash while he slept. Officers responded and made contact with the ex-wife, who denied taking the items. The ex-wife and her mother requested the man “not come knocking on their door anymore” and said “they were going to be moving to Des Moines within the next day or two.”
- A caller said her mother’s boyfriend shoved her mother during an argument in the home. Officers responded and found the boyfriend gone and the mother “refused to answer the bedroom door.” The mother said the argument “was just verbal, and there was nothing physical,” and she asked the officers to leave the premises. The daughter was advised to call again “if there is more arguing and problems.”
- A caller said he believed he lost his billfold when he stopped at a local retail store while riding his bicycle through Perry. He said the billfold contained identification, cash, credit cards and “a $50 gift certificate from Buffalo Wild Wings.” An officer responded.
- A caller said the restrooms in Evans Park in Adel were vandalized. The Dallas County Sheriff’s office was alerted.
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said a man in a wheelchair appeared to have a dead battery and was in need of assistance. An officer responded.
May 2, 2016
- Dustin Axel Brobst, 25, 825 Park St., Perry, was arrested for failure to appear before a magistrate for a traffic offense.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.