May 25, 2016
- A caller from the Dallas County Hospital requested the presence of an officer from the Perry Police Department in the hospital emergency room, where a juvenile receiving treatment was “being verbal with his mother.” An officer responded, after which the “mother left and juvenile calmed down.”
- A caller from the Dallas County Hospital said someone “brought to the hospital for an evaluation” had “taken off.” The caller asked whether an officer from the Perry Police Department could search the vicinity for the person. Officers responded, located the person, returned him to the hospital and stood by pending the person’s medical evaluation.
- Christian Ortiz, 24, 2801 First Ave., #16, Perry, was arrested on a Dallas County warrant on a charge of failure to appear on an original charge of assault.
- A caller from the Dallas County Hospital said she was “with juvenile court” and “was sitting with a juvenile at the hospital.” She said she had to leave and asked whether an officer from the Perry Police Department could “come and sit with the juvenile until the transport services come.” An officer responded.
- A caller said she saw a man and a woman enter a neighboring house that “has been empty for a long time. The caller said she “thought it was odd they were there when they had to go in through a window.” An officer responded and spoke to the man and woman, who said “they were hired to install new locks and board up any windows.” They said “they had to climb through a window due to not having a key for the old locks.” The officer verified the claims of the man and woman with their supervisor.
- Christopher Lee Smith, 35, was arrested on a Perry warrant on charges of forgery and fourth-degree theft. 3886
- A caller said her neighbor was mowing the lawn while “she is trying to sleep.” The time was about 11:30 p.m. An officer responded and spoke to the mower, who said he “was done mower and was putting the mower away.”
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.