May 26, 2016
- A caller said a juvenile was “being disruptive and verbally abusive.” Officers responded.
- A caller said a cat in her tree “has been up there for at least two days.” An officer responded and notified the Humane Society of Perry.
- Amber Lizeth Ruiz of 1421 Fifth St. in Perry was issued a citation for first-offense dog at large.
- A woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. in order “to report a scam.” She said someone claiming to be her grandson called her and said he was involved in an automobile accident and was arrested for OWI. The caller told the woman he was in jail, and he asked her to wire transfer $1,250 in bail money. The woman said “she withdrew the money and then decided to call her grandson.” Her grandson “told her he was fine and was in Minnesota driving a semi truck.” She said she returned the money to the bank. An officer responded.
- A caller said “there were clouds that were looking pretty low and scary” in the caller’s neighborhood. An officer responded and “found the cloud cover to be the same in that area as the rest of the city.”
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.