To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
May 3, 2022
- Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the 500 block of Clearview Drive. There was no dispute, only a loud discussion.
- An unknown vehicle struck a legally parked 2013 Honda Civic, registered to Patricia Yolanda Hernandez of 10500 Providence Dr., Johnston in the 1200 block of Otley Avenue. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
- Officers received a report of internet fraud in the 500 block of Fourth Street. The case is under investigation.
May 4, 2022
- A 2012 Chevy Malibu, registered to and driven by Robin Marie Schmitz of 406 E. Fourth St., Dawson, collided with a 2017 Peterbilt semi-tractor trailer, registered to Select Genetics LLC of Willmar, Minnesota, and driven by Dennis James Adams of 18891 530th St., Chariton, Iowa. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $13,000. Adams was issued a citation for driving on the wrong side of a two-way highway.
- A 2018 Honda CRV, registered to and driven by Kathleen Marie Fox of 2502 Parkview Place, Perry, collided with the building at 1221 Second St. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
- A 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup, registered to driven by Harry Blosch Jr. of 419 Willis Ave., Perry, collided with a legally parked 2014 Dodge Charger, registered to Tina Nadene Webb of 1816 Evelyn St., Perry. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
May 5, 2022
- Sheldon Gene Boswell, 25, of 808 Fourth St., Perry, was arrested on Boone County and Story County warrants for failure to appear for driving under suspension and other traffic violations.
May 6, 2022
- Benjamin Sanchez Styles, 39, of 328 Pattee St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of first-offense OWI.
- Heladio Cortez Hernandez, 25, of 1212 Second St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of public intoxication.
- John Taylor Roberts, 23, of 615 S.W. Seventh St., Stuart, was arrested on a charge of public intoxication.
May 7, 2022
- Marvin Joel Sorto, 22, of 2512 Perry Park Ave., Perry, was arrested on a Hamilton County warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
- Michael Angelo Benitez De Santiago, 29, of 414 S. Lucas Ave., Eagle Grove, Iowa was arrested on a charge of first-offense OWI.
- Emiliano Guerrero, 21, of 626 Second St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of first-offense possession of a controlled substance-marijuana.
May 8, 2022
- No activity reported.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.