A power outage and the small of an electrical fire led to the relocation of five daycare children on Fifth Street Tuesday morning.
No injuries were reported.
The Perry Police Department and Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at a daycare at 1819 Fifth St. about 8:30 a.m., where the odor of burned wiring was detected.
A simultaneous power outage in the neighborhood around Fourth and Paul streets brought Alliant Energy to the vicinity.
Two infants, two 2-year-olds and one 3-year-old were briefly evacuated before being taken home for the remainder of the day while electricians with Alliant Energy investigated the source of the odor.
ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.