The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded Monday night to a report of a burning power pole in the 1900 block of Lucinda Street.
There were no injuries reported in the incident, which was reported about 7: 30 p.m. Monday.
A faulty transformer might have been the cause of the smoke and flame at the top of the pole. Alliant Energy was notified and was also responding.
The Perry Police Department also responded and assisted in traffic control.
ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.