Report of smoke on water brings emergency responders Sunday

0
2188
A caller reported the smell of smoke and the sight of water rushing down the walls and over extension cords, bringing a prompt response from public safety agents to a Perry apartment house Sunday night.

A caller reported the smell of smoke and the sight of water rushing down the walls and over extension cords, bringing a prompt response from public safety agents to a Perry apartment house Sunday night.

The emergency was reported about 10 p.m. at 1402 Willis Ave., where the Perry Police Department, Perry First Responders and Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

No fire was detected in the 139-year-old multi-residential structure, but leaking water posed a risk of electrocution, so the water and power supplies were temporarily interrupted while the matter was investigated, according to public safety radio traffic.

The Perry Water Department and the local electric utility were notified and are responding at this hour.

ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.