Suspected gas leak proves to be steam in boiler line

0
371
Perry Police Department officers and Perry Volunteer Fire Department firefighters responded late Saturday to the report of a gas leak.


A caller reported the strong odor of gas in a house in the 1600 block of Evelyn Street in Perry about 11:30 p.m. Saturday, prompting a response by the Perry Police Department and Perry Volunteer Fire Department.

The MidAmerican Energy Co. was alerted, but investigators concluded a gas leak was not the problem with the home’s boiler.

“It wasn’t gas,” said Perry Volunteer Fire Department First Assistant Chief Brian Eiteman. “The water circulating pump went out and caused the water to steam in the line.”

Eiteman said a heating and cooling company was called to repair the boiler.

There were no injuries in the incident.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.