A fire alarm sounded at the Dallas County Hospital about 5:30 a.m. Friday and brought a prompt response from Perry’s public safety agencies.
No injuries were reported in the incident, and no evacuation of the critical-access facility was executed.
“It was a shorted-out TV,” said Perry Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Brian Eiteman. “The internal components, when it went, it just fried them. You could smell that smell when you walked in the door.”
Officers of the Perry Police Department were first on the scene and isolated the odor to a second-floor room.
ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.