Vaccine supply in Dallas County remains limited. A small number of appointments will be available for the week of March 22. These appointments are expected to fill quickly.
As vaccine continues to arrive in Dallas County, additional appointment slots will become available in the upcoming weeks. Current eligibility includes:
- Healthcare workers
- Long-term care residents
- Individuals ages 65 and older
- First responders (firefighters, law enforcement officers, and dependent adult abuse and child welfare social workers)
- PK-12 school staff, early childhood education, and childcare workers
- Individuals ages 16-64 who are or might be at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 due to medical conditions listed on the CDC website.
- Individuals with disabilities living in home settings who are dependent on attendant care staff, and their attendant care staff. Further clarification is available in the IDPH website.
- Frontline essential workers in the food, agricultural, distribution and manufacturing sectors who work in or live in congregate settings that do not allow for social distancing. Further clarification is available on the IDPH website.
- Staff of and individuals living in congregate settings, not including college dormitories
Government officials, including staff, to ensure continuity of government, engaged in state business at the Iowa Capital during the legislative session
Dallas County was allocated 900 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and 2,340 doses of Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the week of March 22. Of these doses, 1,474 will be used for population-specific clinics and 1.766 will be available for all eligible populations at one of the sites listed below.
Dallas County Health Department, 25747 N Ave., #C, Adel, IA 50003. Scheduling will begin promptly at 12 p.m. on Fridays. Call 515-993-3750 to schedule your appointment or click here to schedule online.
HyVee HealthMarket, 375 S. Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Click here to schedule.
HyVee Westlakes, 1725 Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Click here to schedule.
HyVee Waukee, 1005 E. Hickman Road, Waukee, IA 50263. Click here to schedule.
Walgreens, 15601 Hickman Road, Clive, IA 50325. Click here to schedule.
Redfield Medical Clinic, 1013 First St., Redfield, IA 50233. Call 515-833-2301 to schedule.
Adel Health Mart Pharmacy, 113 N. Ninth St., Adel, IA 50003, 515-993-3644. Click here to request an appointment.
Sumpter Pharmacy, 628 Nile Kinnick Dr. S., #1/2, Adel, IA 50003, 515-993-1119. Click here to schedule.
The Federal Retail Pharmacy Program began Thursday, Feb. 11. The program will provide vaccine directly to select HyVee and CPESN pharmacies in Iowa. Check the pharmacies’ websites and social media for updates on how to schedule an appointment at their clinics.
We encourage Dallas County residents to remain patient as more vaccine arrives in the weeks and months ahead. It is also critical to continue practicing mitigation measures that can slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Wear a mask or facial covering.
- Practice distancing 6 feet from those outside your household.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Get tested if you are exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19.
For ongoing updates and COVID-19 information, visit www.coronavirus.iowa.gov and follow @DallasCoHealth on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. General information can also be obtained by calling 2-1-1. The 2-1-1 Language Helpline is available to assist Iowan’s in additional languages at 1-877-558-2609.