ThePerryNews.com will regularly report the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus on the international, nation and state levels.
The World Health Organization reported Feb. 27 the following numbers of worldwide COVID-19 cases in total and new cases in the last 24 hours:
- Globally: 82,294 confirmed (1,185 new)
- China: 78,630 confirmed (439 new), 2,747 deaths (29 new)
- Outside of China: 3,664 confirmed (746 new), 46 countries (9 new), 57 deaths (13 new)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of Feb. 26:
- Total confirmed cases: 59 (3 Wuhan, China, 42 Diamond Princess, 12 travel-related, 2 person-to-person)
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of Feb. 26:
- Asymptomatic cases monitored: 12
In a medical emergency, call 911. If you feel ill, visit your doctor. For more information, call the Dallas County Public Health Department at 515-993-3750 or 515-465-2483 or 800-811-7565.