ThePerryNews.com will regularly report the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus on the international, nation and state levels.
The World Health Organization reported March 1 the following numbers of worldwide COVID-19 cases in total and new cases in the last 24 hours:
- Globally: 87,137 confirmed (1,739 new)
- China: 79,968 confirmed (579 new), 2,873 deaths (35 new)
- Outside of China: 7,169 confirmed (1,160 new), 58 countries (5 new), 104 deaths (18 new)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of Feb. 28:
- Total confirmed cases: 62 (3 Wuhan, China, 44 Diamond Princess, 12 travel-related, 3 person-to-person), deaths (1)
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of Feb. 28:
- Asymptomatic cases monitored: 13
In a medical emergency, call 911. If you feel ill, visit your doctor. For more information, call the Dallas County Public Health Department at 515-993-3750 or 515-465-2483 or 800-811-7565.