ThePerryNews.com will regularly report the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus on the international, nation and state levels.
The World Health Organization reported March 2 the following numbers of worldwide COVID-19 cases in total and new cases in the last 24 hours:
- Globally: 88,948 confirmed (1,804 new)
- China: 80,174 confirmed (206 new), 2,915 deaths (42 new)
- Outside of China: 8,774 confirmed (1,598 new), 64 countries (6 new), 128 deaths (24 new)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of March 2:
- Total confirmed cases (43), hospitalized (17), deaths (2), states reporting cases (10)
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of March 2:
- Asymptomatic cases monitored (5)
In a medical emergency, call 911. If you feel ill, visit your doctor. For more information, call the Dallas County Public Health Department at 515-993-3750 or 515-465-2483 or 800-811-7565.