ThePerryNews.com will regularly report the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus on the international, nation and state levels.
The World Health Organization reported March 3 the following numbers of worldwide COVID-19 cases in total and new cases in the last 24 hours:
- Globally: 90,870 confirmed (1,922 new)
- China: 80,304 confirmed (130 new), 2,946 deaths (31 new)
- Outside of China: 10,566 confirmed (1,792 new), 72 countries (8 new), 166 deaths (38 new)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of March 3:
- Total cases (60), deaths (6), states reporting cases (12)
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported the following numbers in Iowa of COVID-19 cases as of March 2:
- Asymptomatic cases monitored (5)
In a medical emergency, call 911. If you feel ill, visit your doctor. For more information, call the Dallas County Public Health Department at 515-993-3750 or 515-465-2483 or 800-811-7565.