ThePerryNews.com will regularly report the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus on the international, nation and state levels.
The World Health Organization reported March 5 the following numbers of worldwide COVID-19 cases in total and new cases in the last 24 hours:
- Globally: 95,333 confirmed (2,241 new)
- China: 80,565 confirmed (143 new), 3,015 deaths (31 new)
- Outside of China: 14,768 confirmed (2,098 new), 85 countries (9 new), 276 deaths (53 new)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of March 5:
- Total cases (99), deaths (10), states reporting cases (13)
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported the following numbers in Iowa of COVID-19 cases as of March 4:
- Asymptomatic cases monitored (10)
In a medical emergency, call 911. If you feel ill, visit your doctor. For more information, call the Dallas County Public Health Department at 515-993-3750 or 515-465-2483 or 800-811-7565.