ThePerryNews.com will regularly report the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus on the international, nation and state levels.
The World Health Organization reported March 6 the following numbers of worldwide COVID-19 cases in total and new cases in the last 24 hours:
- Globally: 98,192 confirmed (2,873 new)
- China: 80,711 confirmed (146 new), 3,045 deaths (30 new)
- Outside of China: 17,481 confirmed (2,727 new), 88 countries (4 new), 335 deaths (69 new)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the following numbers in the U.S. of COVID-19 cases as of March 6:
- Total cases (164), deaths (11), states reporting cases (19)
The Iowa Department of Public Health reported the following numbers in Iowa of COVID-19 cases as of March 6:
- Asymptomatic cases monitored (11)
In a medical emergency, call 911. If you feel ill, visit your doctor. For more information, call the Dallas County Public Health Department at 515-993-3750 or 515-465-2483 or 800-811-7565.