Workers with Busy Bee Construction LLC of Lewistown, Mo., briefly closed Otley Avenue around midday Wednesday as they laid the new eight-inch water main along 15th Street.
Work on the 20-block, $620,000 Perry Water Works 2019 water main replacement project began in mid-July.
The job involves the laying of about 526 linear feet of 10-inch pvc water main, 1,349 linear feet of 8-inch water main and 2,936 linear feet of 6-inch water main.
There are several sites involved in the pipe-laying project:
- 15th Street from Iowa Street to Willis Avenue
- 16th Street from Iowa Street to Willis Avenue
- Otley Avenue from 16th to 17th streets
- 17th Street from Donna Drive to Eastern Avenue
- Eastern Avenue from 17th to 18th streets
- Willis Avenue between 18th and 26th streets
The project includes new fire hydrants; valves, water service pipe and curb stops; surface restoration and miscellaneous associated work, including cleanup.
The contractor for the water main construction project is Busy Bee Construction LLC of Lewistown, Mo. Vermeer of Iowa and Northern Missouir is supplying the trenching and horizontal boring equipment.