March 14, 2017
- Dory Wilsey requested an officer at 707 Pinet Place for an issue with a roommate. An officer worked to diffuse the issue.
- The Extension Officer reported smoke coming from the building at 205 N. Wilson Ave. The officer checked on the building and determined a new heating system was discharging steam exhaust.
- An officer assisted a Iowa Department of Corrections probation officer by requesting a preliminary breath test from a female on probation at 614 S. Locust St.
- A traffic stop was performed at State and Vine streets, resulting in Ryan Brown of Jefferson being issued a citation for driving while revoked and operation without registration.
- Rod Eighmy reported an identity theft after unknown persons acquired credit cards in his name and had made several charges in the southern U.S. Eighmy has not suffered a loss at this point.
- An officer checked on a residential burglary alarm activation at 205 N. Maple St. All was fine at the residence.
- Aguilar Flores reported a phone scam. He was told local police were coming to arrest him unless he made a payment for a product he had not ordered. Flores did not suffer a loss.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.