The Des Moines Area Community College spring break will take place as planned March 16-20, the school system announced Wednesday.
The following actions will be taken beginning March 23 in an effort to support public health:
1. Face-to-face DMACC classes will not meet the week of March 23-28. This will allow self-isolation and social distancing to be a priority for anyone who has traveled during break.
2. Existing online courses will resume March 23 as planned.
3. Any exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Beginning March 30:
- The majority of classes will be delivered online until further notice.
- Select lab-based, hands-on classes will meet as scheduled in a face-to-face format. Faculty, staff and students will be notified of details over the next several days.
- All campuses will remain open and all services will operate as usual. This includes Trail Point Aquatics and Wellness, computer labs and DMACC libraries.
The DMACC spring term will end the week of May 4, 2020, as planned. Ongoing updates will be posted online on the DMACC website.