August 15, 2019
- A traffic stop at Wilson and Central streets resulted in the arrest of Samantha Henderson, 26, of Jefferson for driving while revoked.
- Tracie Burnett requested assistance from an officer in locating her juvenile niece, who had not returned home to Bagley. She was told they might be in Jefferson. An officer did not locate the female in town.
- Melissa Barrett advised her dog got loose from 906 W. State St. An officer located the animal later in the shift and returned it to the owner.
- Dea Sandage reported her neighbor’s dog was loose in the 800 block of W. Adams Street. An officer determined the animal broke its collar to get loose. The animal was placed in the residence because no one was home.
- Craig Burbank reported a speeding careless driver on Iowa Highway 4 and traveling south toward Jefferson. Officers did not locate the reported vehicle.
- Ron Stevens requested an officer speak with the upstairs tenants at 401 W. Harrison St. about the children being extremely loud. Stevens said he was sick and could not rest with the noise. Officers spoke to the upstairs renters, who said they would quiet down.
- Nicole Borkowski requested officers at 505 N. Grimmell Road for an argument. The male half left before the arrival of the officers.
- Renee Schafer reported her vehicle window was broken out overnight while parked in the 600 block of N. Locust Street. An officer estimated the damage at $300.
- The Greene Conty Medical Center emergency room asked officers to locate a male psychiatric patient who left hospital. The officers located the male in the 300 block of N. Cedar Street and coaxed him back to ER.
- A traffic stop at S. Elm and 250th streets resulted in Jay Landolt of Perry being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- Wayne Taylor reported juveniles looking into windows on a vacant residence in the 600 block of W. Washington Street. An officer located the juveniles and learned they contacted the landlord about renting the property.
- Charles Bartholow reported tree branches covering the speed limit sign in the 100 block of E. Lincoln Way. The information was forwarded to the Jefferson Public Works Department.
- A caller reported a barking dog near Cedar and Olive streets. An officer patrolled the area for several minutes and did not hear an animal bark.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.