With Saturday’s forecast calling for partly sunny skies and temperatures in the low to mid 30s, a large crowd is expected for the Perry Chamber of Commerce’s 39th Annual BRR Bike Ride to Rippey.
The annual 24-mile round-trip bike ride from Perry to Rippey will roll on regardless of the weather, attracting riders and their guests from around Iowa and across the U.S.
The BRR Ride is a family-friendly event that includes prizes and entertainment. Pre-registration is $25 and day-of-ride registration is $35 and includes the 39th Annual BRR T-shirt, a traditional commemorative lapel pin (for first 300 registrants), a ticket for the hot chocolate break midway to Rippey, free sag wagon services, automatic entrance in drawing for $500 in Perry Bucks, admission to McCreary Community Building for swimming, sauna and whirlpool — plus coupons and discounts from area businesses.
A $15 Support-the-Ride registration includes no merchandise. A hard-copy BRR registration form is available, and riders can also register online. The ride’s official start and other morning activities will take place at the Hotel Pattee, 1112 Willis Ave.
2016 BRR Ride Schedule of Events
City of Perry
- 7 a.m.-10:30 a.m. — Breakfast by Perry Lions Club (Open to Public) Hotel Pattee,, 1112 Willis Ave.
- 8 a.m. to noon — Registration and pickup of materials for pre-registered riders at Hotel Pattee, 1112 Willis Ave.
- 10 a.m. — Ride kickoff and ceremonial canon shot by Chuck Scheib at corner of Second Street and Willis Avenue
City of Rippey
- Baked potato bar — The East Greene Youth Fellowship will host the bar at the church, with proceeds to benefit their annual mission trips.
- Roast beef sundaes — The Rippey Lions Club will serve sundaes in the community room at the corner of Third and Main streets.
- Beer tent — The Rippey Fire Department will host a beer tent.
Public safety officials ask that riders depart from Rippey no later than 3 p.m. in order to ensure a safe return to Perry before sunset.
For more information or to register for the ride, contact the Perry Chamber at 515-465-4601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.