House fire quickly quelled in rural Dallas Center Sunday

0
4277
The Dallas Center Vlunteer Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire in rural Dallas Center Sunday morning.


A house fire was reported west of Dallas Center Sunday morning, but the fire was controlled before it caused extensive damage.

The Dallas Center Volunteer Fire Department was paged to 23602 River Heights Dr. shortly before 11 a.m. in response to a report of a fire that was believed to have started in a trash barrel and proceeded to melt an electric meter.

Sparks were reportedly visible, shooting out from under the siding of the structure.

The Dallas County Sheriff’s office also responded.

The 29-year-old, three-bedroom home is owned by Vince and Kelli Payne, according to county records.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.