A house fire was reported west of Dallas Center Sunday morning, but the fire was controlled before it caused extensive damage.
The Dallas Center Volunteer Fire Department was paged to 23602 River Heights Dr. shortly before 11 a.m. in response to a report of a fire that was believed to have started in a trash barrel and proceeded to melt an electric meter.
Sparks were reportedly visible, shooting out from under the siding of the structure.
The Dallas County Sheriff’s office also responded.
The 29-year-old, three-bedroom home is owned by Vince and Kelli Payne, according to county records.