February 27, 2016
- A caller said her neighbor “puts her garbage out whenever she feels like it, and it sits around for several days before it is picked up,” and in consequence “it is always blowing all over around the neighborhood.” The compliance officer was notified.
- A resident complained about an area with “down trees, garbage all over the ground and sewer lines above the ground.” The compliance officer was notified.
- A caller said a group of seven children was playing around a long-vacant house. An officer responded.
- A caller said her 2-year-old child fell off the couch. On closer examination, the caller discovered what she thought was the child’s blood was spilled candle wax. No assistance was required.
February 28, 2016
- Ervin Adolfo Joya, 19, 244 Pattee St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of second-offense underage in possession of alcohol.
- Ezequiel Terrazas Rico, 38, 2206 Willis Ave., Perry, was arrested on charges of first-offense OWI and open container.
- A caller said two men wearing ski masks were robbing a bank in downtown Perry. Officers responded and found the exterior of the building secure and no robbery in progress. The “reason for the original call” was “unknown.”
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.