February 4, 2017
- A caller said “there is a woman there refusing to leave.” An officer responded.
- Perry First Responders and Dallas County EMS responded to a report of a car-versus-bicycle accident east of Rippey. One victim was transported to Methodist Medical Center in Des Moines.
- A caller said “she lost a license plate.”
- A caller reported “an injured Canadian goose.” Officers responded but “were not able to catch the goose.” The Iowa Department of Natural Resources was notified.
- Susanne Marie Larson of 2933 Kading Road in Perry was issued a citation for first-offense dog at large.
- A caller said he was “traveling on Iowa Highway 141,” and “people on bikes were not getting over for traffic, and some were difficult to see.” An officer responded.
- A caller said “her cat is missing.” The caller later called again said her cat was found.
- A caller from Dawson said “she found a knife under her couch with something on it.” The Dallas County Sheriff’s office was alerted.
- A caller said “she took her daughter’s phone away from her as punishment,” and “her daughter then ran from the residence.” An officer responded. A family friend “checked a place they go when ‘things aren’t going the best,’ which is where she was.” The child was returned to her home.
- Eduardo Martin Hernandez Martinez, 22, 807 Fifth St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of driving while revoked.
- A caller said she caught a dog running at large. The caller said she would “keep the dog at her residence until the owner calls.” The dog’s owner later called and said she found her dog.
- Zachary Flinn, 23, 106 E. Percival St., Rippey, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A caller said “she just saw a man looking through her window.” The caller said “her boyfriend went out and confronted him.” An officer responded and made contact with someone who did not fit the description. The officer “patrolled the area and wasn’t able to locate anyone else.”
February 5, 2017
- Luis Deivi Santana Sosa, 24, 1509 1/2 Warford St., Perry, was arrested on charges of driving under suspension, eluding, failure to display license plates and driving on the wrong side of the roadway.
- Eduin Roberto Tavarez Sosa, 21, 1509 1/2 Warford St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of driving under suspension.
- A caller said three dogs were running at large near Minburn. The Dallas County Sheriff’s office was alerted.
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. with a credit card he found in the street. The item “was logged into evidence.”
- A woman entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. and said she was “having problems with her estranged husband.” The woman said the man “showed up at her parents residence, got in her car and refused to get out.” The woman “drove to the PD with” the man “in the vehicle.” An officer responded.
- A caller said a dog was running at large. An officer responded but did not find the animal.
- David Michael Cannon, 58, 201 E. Second St. S., Newton, was arrested on a charge of driving while barred.
- Richard Wilfredo Orellana, 24, 2109 Warford St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of domestic abuse assault. He was also arrested on a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives warrant on a charge of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine
- A caller said “the mother of her step-son is at her residence and refusing to leave.” An officer responded, and the mother left the residence.
- Nathan James Flinn, 23, 106 W. Percival St., Rippey, was arrested on a Dallas County warrant on a charge of probation violation.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.