September 1, 2017
- Alan Ress of 34829 Maple Ridge Rd., Adel, reported the theft of his 2012 Ford F250 from his property.
- Loren Richard Strait Jr., 25, of 1822 47th St., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for driving while barred.
- Tommika Genae Johnson, 28, of 2816 Cottage Grove, Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation-failure to appear on an original charge of theft.
- Eduardo Josias Sanchez-Gomez was traveling west in the 15000 block of 130th Street when he hit the shoulder and spun out toward the south ditch, striking pines trees and coming to rest after striking a brick driveway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000. Damage to the trees was estimated at $7,000. Sanchez-Gomez was issued citations for failure to maintain control, no driver’s license and no insurance.
- Stephanie Davis of West Des Moines was traveling north in the 13000 block of Seminole Avenue when her vehicle left the roadway and entered the ditch, ramping over a driveway and landing on the outside of the ditch. The vehicle then continued in the ditch, running over trees and spinning out on a side hill before finally coming to rest. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000.
September 2, 2017
- Alauna Sellers of Granger was traveling from Granger to Perry when she lost control of her vehicle on the curve and struck the guardrail. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $8,000. Sellers was cited for failure to maintain control.
- Anthony Noe Ruiz-Rivas, 21, of 702 Fourth St., Perry, was arrested on warrants for probation violation on original charges of OWI, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, trespass, public intoxication and interference with official acts.
- George Hutchins of 711 Raccoon St., Redfield, reported the theft of gasoline from a vehicle on this property.
September 3, 2017
- Carol Lee of 720 Dallas St., De Soto, reported vandalism to her wooden mailbox post.
September 4, 2017
- Nicholas Sywak of Redfield had his vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Jackson Street when it was struck by an unknown vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
- Christopher Michael Greif, 30, of 2001 Vista View Dr., Granger, was issued a citation for trespassing.
- Amanda Marie Abarr, 32, of 4260 N.E. 10th St., Des Moines, was arrested in the 30000 block of Iowa Highway 44 for driving while barred.
September 5, 2017
- Jason Edward Pierce, 45, of 608 Warford St., Perry, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of child endangerment.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.