May 12, 2017
- Dan Murphy reported the theft of a cell phone while at 1000 W. Lincoln Way. An officer is requesting video and is investigating.
- Bruce Binkley requested assistance with a juvenile male refusing to go to school at 507 E. Garfield St.
- Mark Olson reported an overnight burglary to a vehicle at 1204 Rushridge Road. Money was removed from the vehicle. An officer gathered items for fingerprinting and is investigating.
- Sara Valentine reported the company unloading port-a-potties in the 100 block of N. Wilson Avenue was being careless.
- Alex Maldonado reported a stray dog in the 100 block of S. Walnut Street. The animal’s owner arrived and took the animal before an officer arrived.
- An officer performed a traffic stop in the 1200 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Zaccary Mann of Dexter being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- A gas station at 508 N. Elm St. reported a gas drive off in the amount of $32.88. A license plate number was given to an officer, who made contact with someone from Grand Junction, who said he would return and pay for the fuel because his credit card had not worked.
May 13, 2017
- An officer located an open door in the 500 block of Greenewood Road.
- Megan Ball requested officers at 107 W. Madison St. for an argument with her husband. An officer helped to calm the situation because he could not lawfully make the husband leave the property.
- An officer removed a raccoon from a garage at 1505 Westwood Drive.
- Tammy Binkley reported a disturbance occurring outside 304 S. Wilson Ave. An officer made contact with a couple, who were arguing over a lost wallet.
- Bruce Binkley reported an open overhead door at 219 N. Wilson Ave. An officer made contact with someone working at the property.
- Chad Sloan requested an officer go to his residence at 307 E. Madison St. and remove unwanted teenagers from the property. Sloan’s neighbor had called him and informed hime of the group at his house. An officer dispersed the group.
- The Greene County Hospital emergency room requested an officer for a dog bite that occurred at 505 N. Chestnut St. A child was playing Frisbee with the animal and was bit on the forearm while reaching for the Frisbee. An officer determined it was accidental and no ordinances were violated.
- Jennifer Schiltz reported a barking dog in the 800 block of W. Monroe Street.
- Ann Forkner reported juveniles on the railroad tracks near the N. Cedar Street crossing. An officer located two male juveniles on the tracks. He took them to the Jefferson Law Enforcement Center and contacted their parents to pick them up. The officer is sending juvenile trespass charges to the Juvenile Court.
- An officer assisted the Greene County EMS with a medical call in the 700 block of S. Locust Street.
May 14, 2017
- An officer removed a bat from 201 W. Madison St.
- An officer removed a raccoon from the yard at 1001 N. Wilson Ave.
- Lyndsie Thompson reported an overnight burglary to her vehicle at 404 S. Vine St. Money was removed from the van. An officer is investigating.
- An officer performed a traffic stop at Russell and State streets, resulting in Rachel Fett of Panora being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- Barb Kruger reported a stray dog in the 300 block of E. Park Street. An officer returned the animal to its owner and issued a verbal warning.
- An officer spoke to people in the 200 block of S. Oak Street about blowing grass clippings into the street. They advised they would clean them from the street.
- Meri Nelson reported a careless driver in the 300 block of E. Vest Street.
- An officer performed a traffic stop in the 1200 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Terry Anschutz of Jefferson being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer performed a traffic stop in the 1100 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Jeffrey Anderson of Farnamville being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer investigated a backing accident in the private parking lot at 501 N. Locust St. A 2004 Honda Accord, owned and operated by Nash Ubel of Indiana, backed into a 2013 Jeep Compass, owned by James Lorenzen of Jefferson. Both vehicles had a reported $800 in damages.
- The Carroll County Sheriff’s office advised of a careless driver on 220th Street traveling eastward towards Jefferson. An officer responded but did not locate the vehicle.
- An officer assisted with a medical call in the 400 block of E. Garfield Street.
May 15, 2017
- Shardae Hadley reported a stray dog in the 700 block of W. South Street. An officer returned the animal to its owner and issued a verbal warning.
- A traffic stop was performed at Elm Street and Lincoln Way, resulting in Margaret Jessica Ruth Wilson being arrested for driving while revoked.
- Benny Ortiz captured a loose dog on N. Elm Street. He met an officer at the Animal Holding facility, where the animal was placed.
- Chris Carrick reported a vehicle parked in front of her driveway at 614 S. Olive St. An officer located the owner and had the owner remove the vehicle.
- Subway reported a U-Haul van parked in their parking lot for several hours at 104 N. Elm St. An officer spoke to occupants in the van and learned they were waiting to meet someone at the business.
- Angela Murphy reported several speeders on W. Madison Street.
- An officer issued a parking violation notice in the 600 block of S. Olive Street for parking between the lot line and curb line.
- A traffic stop was performed in the 1400 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Bobby Allen of Churdan being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer located an open overhead door at 300 W. McKinley St. The officer secured the business.
- Whitney Day reported a careless driver in the 100 block of E. Clark Street. An officer responded but did not locate the vehicle.
May 16, 2017
- An officer checked on an abandoned 911 call from 110 S. Wilson Ave. All was fine.
- An officer assisted the Juvenile Court officer with gathering a urine analysis collection kit from a male juvenile at the courthouse.
- A traffic stop was performed in the 1100 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Tami Gute of Carroll being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- A caller advised of a dog in a car at 777 Wild Rose Lane. An officer located the vehicle, which was running with the air conditioner on. No action was taken by the officer.
- An officer was advised of a vehicle taking photographs of residences in the 800 block of W. Washington Street. The officer did not locate the vehicle.
- Bruce Binkley reported an overnight burglary occurring to his vehicle at 507 E. Garfield St. Cash was removed from the unlocked vehicle. An officer is investigating.
- An officer checked on a male in dark clothing walking near the area of 235th Street and E. Lincoln Way. The male was looking for items lost earlier in the day in this area.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.